Travels of SV Far Niente

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

UPDATE

Alot has happened since my last post. Last year, after cruising from Maine to the Bahamas, I decided to retire. Diana and I returned to Dallas, and in a couple of months, we got married, sold the house, my street rod (that hurt), our regular car, and had an estate sale to empty the house. Gave my kids what they wanted and stored a few things at my oldest daughters home. December 5, 2006 we officially moved aboard! Now we're homeless, carless (some might say brainless), but very, very happy. We sailed south from Norfolk, VA, to Ft. Lauderdale where I installed a watermaker and added a Pactor III modem to the SSB for email capabilities. We visited Key West, FL for a few weeks, the crossed to the Bahamas. We made Georgetown for the end of the "cruisers rally" and are now in the Abacos. Our long range plan was to do the Caribbean 1500 this fall and stay down there for a few years but that has now changed. We have had such a good time in the Bahamas, and have seen so little of what they have to offer, we've decided to come back this winter. The boat has performed well and is a comfortable liveaboard vessel. I wish everyone could experience this lifestyle. Why didn't I do this sooner??

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jay. Good to hear from you. Boy has your life changed. I am very happy for you. Yes I have seen "Pay It Forward" twice, great move and a way of living uh? I always wondered if you made your Atlantic voyage across the ocean, but when I saw "Killer Waves" I was, of course, worried.

Carole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home