Travels of SV Far Niente

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The interior make over








One winter evening, I arrived at the boat and proceeded to take my chopsaw and remove the entire salon. I cut it several pieces and threw it in the dumpster. No going back now! The original salon had large circular seating, of which you couldn't lay down on, and almost no useable storage. I proceeded to install 2 twenty gallon water tanks ( I discarded the original tank), re-located the main AC unit, installed an 11 gallon hot water heater and a Fridge Freeze freezer. I then, with alot of help from my friend, Darrel Cole, fabricated a new salon. We cut the table down and hindged it, added cabinets and a bookshelf on the starboard side and built a compression post cabinet which has eight doors that open into the galley. It has proven to be worth the effort. The photo with the large round table is the original design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home